Grown as the young seed of the “Tribute to a Vision” festival, the new short film platform entitled “First Crossings” is finding its way up into the light. We support innovation, style and strong new film languages. We prefer experimentation and artistic freedom, to solid traditional cinema forms. We are on the border and we strive towards merging all boundaries into a unique platform that voices all cultures.
MORE STORIES, LESS BOUNDARIES!
Sandra Jovanovska, multimedia multitasking artist
Eva Berti, cinema student
Dora Ciccone, cinema student, critic and lover
Aljaž Škrlep, wannabe philosopher
Sara Brollo, film lover
Leo Černic - Čino, film director, animator
Vida Rucli, architect
Anna Moschioni, graphic designer
Charlotte Chauvin, illustrator
First Crossings Trailer made by Leo Černic
sound: Samo Jurca, music: Miro Černic
The festival section “First Crossings” is announcing an open call for submission of short films. First Crossings is a festival platform for discovering new film languages, created under the hat of the cross-border film festival Tribute to a Vision, organized by the audio-visual center Kinoatelje based in the cross border town of Gorizia (Italy) and Nova Gorica (Slovenia). With its third edition on the way, First Crossings is again in search of new, innovative, fresh ideas, which strive towards foundation of new film languages.
Taking place on the border region between Slovenia and Italy (Nova Gorica/Gorizia) the festival focuses particularly on the theme of the “border”, with the intention to dissolve all geo-political boundaries into artistic voices. Moreover, this year our focal point is on sound in context of film, so we will give priority to films, which nourish a curious and inventive application of sound in film. Therefore, if you are an emerging artist, still in search of your own voice, or if you are an established author in search of a new expression we encourage you to send us your recent project!
We support original, brave and underrepresented ideas with social, dramatic and transformative impact to draw attention towards the short audio-visual forms of all genres. Besides films, experimental video forms and animations, we give a special emphasis on music videos of any sort. The call is open for independent bands and artists, any original musicians and video makers who work in relation to music. Low budget independent music videos made by students are warmly welcome.
The submissions call for the 2020 First Crossings opens May 12 2020. The submission deadline is August 01 2020. All submissions must be made by filling out the online submission form and sending the online film screener and pay the submission fee correspondingly. The price per submission is 10 € for all applicants and 5 € for students. Slovenian and Italian based authors or production companies can apply for free. We also offer a no fee exclusive to music video submissions.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission for the content to submit the film to us.
1. We do not accept any films made before 2017.
2. Any foreign language films must include English subtitles.
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. Films mustn’t be published or posted online (without a password) to be eligible for our festival, prizes, or awards.
5. All films are watched and evaluated by the festival’s selection team and if selected are competing for a jury award worth 350 euros.
6. All genres and formats up to 30 min. of length are welcome to be submitted.
7. A 10 euros fee is required upon submission, except for films of Slovenian or Italian origins and music videos. For payment structures use Paypal by transfering the sum to the festival's email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. One entry fee is to be paid per film. The same author may apply with several films, but each work requires an entry fee.
9. By submitting your film, you authorize us to use, distribute and share the film materials on our web-page in our social media, or for educational, promotional and non-commercial purposes. In addition to that if we launch an online watching event you grant the right for your film to be available online for limited views by our juries and audiences.
Copyright © 2019